After a week of recovery and travel (and recovering from travel), I'm eager to get out. So here's my training schedule over the days to come. Explanations:
- Cardigan is my home mountain--I can see the summit from my cabin.
- Orange Pond is a lake a little under three miles from my house; I keep a canoe there.
- The Firescrew Loop is about 12 miles, heading out my house and up the back of Cardigan, over the summit, and home again.
- Fartleks are short intense intervals, usually to a landmark on the trail.
- Pyramids are intervals of intensity followed by equal intervals of walking or resting: 1 minute, then 2, then 3, then 4, and back down to 1.
Comments and suggestions welcome.
Week of June 10
Tuesday: Insanity Max Interval Plyo (a.m.); hike Cardigan South Trail, summit sprints (p.m.)
Wednesday: Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs (a.m.), run up Cardigan (p.m.)
Thursday: Insanity Plyo Circuit, 30x30 Cardigan fartleks (a.m.); bike to Orange Pond (p.m.)
Friday: Insanity Max Recovery
Saturday: Moosilauke pyramids to First View
Sunday: Run from home to Cardigan summit
Week of June 17
Tuesday: Insanity warm-up, Firescrew Loop
Wednesday: Run Moosilauke to 40-minute mark
Thursday-Sunday: Las Vegas with the Beachbody Coach Summit